How To Make Yourself A Morning Person
Posted on 16 March 2017
Morning rituals. Do you have any?
Everyone is so busy all the time. It's easy to caught up in the daily grind and form bad habits. We found that the key to a happy, healthy lifestyle can come from a few simple habits to set the right tone for the day. We've gathered tried and tested tips from our Team to help you perform at your best.
Here are some tips to rise and shine:
- Set a bedtime alarm - that's right, ensure you get enough hours of sleep. Don't get into the habit of waking up late, rushing out the door and skipping breakfast.
- Prep for breakfast - gather the ingredients the night before so when you wake up it's as easy as throwing it in a pan or blender.
- Water - drink a glass of warm lemon water upon waking up for happier skin and an immune boost.
- Meditation - a few moments of uninterrupted silence and deep breaths! Start with just 10mins and the Headspace app.
- Stretch & sweat - a yoga class, self practice or sweat sesh first thing in the morning can boost your energy levels and clear your mind. Life saver.
- Keep your devices out of the bedroom - blue light before bed time affects your natural melatonin levels, causing more wakefulness and disturbing your natural circadian sleep-wake cycle. Stick to your paperback.
- Writing - keeping a journal is a great way to organise your thoughts, ideas and set intentions. You'll be amazed when you look back to see how your goals materialized!
- Relax - cut yourself some slack if you break the routine one day.
You have a choice every morning, so make it count towards a more productive day.What helps you start your day? Let us know in the comments below.