Travel Light: The Carry-On Challenge
Posted on 13 May 2016
When it comes to summer getaways, we are all about convenience and ease. This should apply to your packing as well. Less is more. Being able to fit everything into your carry-on can be a challenge, but it means not having to wait at the baggage claim while wasting your precious holiday time, nor risking the airline losing your suitcase when traveling to exotic locales.
Whether it's a weekend in Phuket, a city break to Tokyo or a road trip through wine country, it's about finding that balance between looking chic and packing light.
Here are some quick tips for packing light!
- Make a list. That way you won't forget anything, especially basics like underwear.
- Pack basic neutral tone items that you can re-wear for different outfits. E.g. a white tank that can go with denim shorts one day and a maxi skirt the next.
- Roll your clothes instead of folding them, it minimises wrinkles and maximises space.
- Limit yourself to two (ok, maybe three) pairs of shoes, and wear the bulkiest items on the plane.
- Maximise space for personal items by bringing a handbag or backpack.
- Have travel sized toiletries (under 100ml) to avoid having your full sized products thrown out at security check.
- Place the heaviest items like shoes & toiletries bag at the bottom of the suitcase where the wheels are, trust us it makes rolling a whole lot easier.
Travellers, what advice would you add? Let us know in the comments below.